Welcome to my world of writing. Go with me where many of you have gone before.

Carolyn

Carolyn

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Rain, rain, go away.....

It was a dark and stormy morning.  The wind was howling and the trees bending beyond their natural ability.  Shingles flew past the window and the leaves that were changing so colorfully are now completely detached from trees and are blowing down the street as if chased by the wind's fury.  Sirens screamed and although I have been taught to seek shelter in the basement, that was the last place I wanted to be.  Excitement was in the air and the clouds were swirling in different directions, as if they couldn't decide which way to run.

That was this morning.  It is quiet now and although things are looking wet and the trees are now bare, there is quiet in the air.  The sirens have stopped that incessant screeching and the wind no longer howls.  The excitement is gone and so is the story...why didn't I stop and let the thoughts take over my mind while I wondered if the roof would hold?  Now the story will just have wait and I will just praise the Lord that the shelter I needed was only in His arms and not the basement.  I am well.  I have survived another storm.

There will be another one. I just don't know when.  But, I do know that when it comes I will be ready. Pen in hand and candle ready to light.  I will write the terror of the wind and the frightening sound of the rain hitting the window.  But, that is another day.

Rain, rain, it went away.  It will come back another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment