Welcome to my world of writing. Go with me where many of you have gone before.

Carolyn

Carolyn

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Acceptances...they cometh slowly.....

Well, I have had a story accepted for publication by an online magazine. That's the good news.  The really good news is I get to see something I have written in print.  The really bad news is that they don't pay anything except by giving me the priviledge of seeing my name in black and white. 

Now, don't get me wrong.  I am very pleased and happy that someone is willing to take a chance on me.  But, that brings me to another thought...there really is no chance in life...we know that everything is ordained by our Almighty God.  So, I am thanking Him for this priviledge of receiving an acceptance instead of another rejection.

Our tiny writers' group met this afternoon and I was 30 minutes late...now the reason is not because I was not excited about being able to share my good news...it was because I couldn't find my car keys.  Like so many other IMPORTANT people, I have a lot to think about.  I came in on a run from doing errands, opened the mailbox with my keys, picked up my stuff from the car and walked into the house.  That was the last time I saw my keys.  I intended to be early to our group today so I started picking up my things in plenty of time...hands full, I reached for the keys.....they weren't there.  Twenty minutes later I called the hostess to say I was homebound until a miracle happened.  I had gone through the garbage, checked in the fridge, checked all my pockets, checked the floor, went back to the mailbox....no keys.  Then, I remembered to pray.  I no sooner finished shouting my prayer, half in frustration with myself, than I saw my church bag still sitting on the floor beside the kitchen table....surely they couldn't have dropped in there, I thought.  Well, there was my miracle and I arrived at my destination in total humility.  I vow tomorrow to be more organized but if that happens it will be another miracle.

Until tomorrow......

No comments:

Post a Comment