Welcome to my world of writing. Go with me where many of you have gone before.

Carolyn

Carolyn

Friday, October 8, 2010

Praising God for Blessings...they keep coming...

I am reminded that October is Breast Cancer Month.  I have so many friends and loved ones who have been through this terrible ordeal and I am so blessed that I have been spared.  However, that doesn't mean that I don't take precautions.  I have my mammograms faithfully.  I think that the Lord gives us physicians and technology to use in His name and I believe that we should do all we can to take care of our own health in the best way possible.  Now, this also means that we should be good stewards of our bodies.  Sugar is my favorite food but it is not my body's favorite...my body hates sugar and yet I force it into my mouth, knowing the result.  Veggies are better but my mind tries to convince me otherwise.  Let us do all we can to protect these precious bodies the Lord has given us and when your hand reaches for that piece of chocolate, smack it!
More rejections today but I am not discouraged.  It's only a piece of paper.  I am healthy, and wiser but not very wealthy...oh, yes I am....what am I saying???    I have more wealth in love and family than I could ever keep in the bank.  I will also try and be a good steward of that love which the Lord has given me, giving it back 100 fold to those around me.  In most cases it is easy but a dear person finally convinced me one day that not everyone in the world will like me.  Therefore, there are those who don't care if I love them and that is the hard part.  I won't be able to do that alone because I am human, but with God's help I will love those who do ill toward me and treasure the trials that go with it.  It is not easy to love those who hate you.  I am not a martyr and, therefore, it's hard to turn the other cheek.  But, I will look to the Lord for that power and believe that He will see me through these times.



I pray today for my friends and loved ones who are suffering through the illnesses that this life has brought and that the Lord will draw them to Him and lead them in His path.  It is a short journey we have in this life and it must be the Sonlight at the end that stays our course to the end.  What rewards we will have then...until that time let us all try and be good stewards of all we have, including our health.



Thank you, God, for these hands that can still type and for my mind that still thinks up stories to write, even if I am the only one who receives pleasure from them.



The weekend cometh and so does the best day of the week. I pray you will all be praising God in His house on the Lord's Day.  Until Monday I remain....your writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment