Welcome to my world of writing. Go with me where many of you have gone before.

Carolyn

Carolyn

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Counting my blessings before I forget.....

As I passed the beautiful autumn tree decked out in all its splendor I thought I should jot down on my list of blessings the eyes that God has given me, through which I can see His miracles.  So many colors all around me.  Yellow, brown, red, green and all the in-betweens!  I cannot describe all the beauty in these living statues of creation.  I only know that I am so blessed to be able to be out and about and to enjoy them while they last. 

So, while I count my eyesight I should also count, among my blessings, the ability I have to walk and drive and communicate with the outside world.  How much we take for granted.  I am reminded that we are not promised tomorrow or even the next minute...only now, as I write, is certain. 

However, as I count all my blessings I must count the best...the one that will provide a mansion for me one day at the feet of my Lord and Savior; the blessing of salvation.

So, beautiful trees, thank you for sharing your stunning wardrobe with me and thank you, God, for the miracles of creation all around me.  Keep my eyes open and my heart turned toward Thee as I wait patiently for Thee to shower more blessings on me as you do, daily.  Make me thankful and open the eyes of those who turn to trust in Thee, alone.

What a glorious day this is!!!  I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring.....

No comments:

Post a Comment