Welcome to my world of writing. Go with me where many of you have gone before.

Carolyn

Carolyn

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Clean house or write a story?? Decisions, Decisons...

Good morning world!  The sun is shinning and now I can see all the spots on the windows that need to be cleaned.  Thoughts run through my mind as I get out the cleaning tools...they are now lying on the floor next to the computer that has taken over my better judgement.  To write...that is my decison and I will try not to trip over all my cleaning tools when I get up from my computer, eyes blurred from overuse.

At my critique meeting yesterday I was reminded of so many memories that could be written into short stories. I read one of those stories aloud yesterday.  It was a story of picking blackberries for my mother who was very ill at the time; a little humor tucked in, having been covered with chigger bites after the bucket was full. This one was a prize winner in a recent contest and one of my friends suggested that I make a book of memories...I don't know if my memories would be as interesting to others as they are to me, but it might be worth a try.  At any rate, I am committed now to a book of short stories...many of which, like the blackberry story, have won contests (upside) but for which I have received no pay (downside).  Of course, finding a publisher for such a book will be very difficult and I may die before it ever gets published.  So...right now I won't worry about those details and just concentrate on bringing out that memory box again.  Time to go through it and toss the forgettable ones and preserve the ones I never want to lose.

The trees are beginning to turn beautiful colors now and maybe they will glorify the lanscape even without the so much needed rain.  How ironic that I just called my sister in Arizona to see if she was okay after the news showed pictures of so much flooding. That is not a problem here and my sprinkler system is on overload.

So many sad things on the news this morning and I was reminded, during my quiet time in the reading of David's life, how the Lord is with us through all the good times as well as the bad.  I am praying for all of my loved ones today, knowing that we are not promised an easy path, but that He will be with us when the going is rough and right now it seems to be all uphill. I am reminded to praise Him in all things and to lay my burdens at His feet.  That is what I am leaving here to do right now.....I pray that for my friends who will read this, that your burdens will also be lifted as you put your trust in our Lord. 

Tomorrow may bring things that are unexpected, but I know that I will be able to handle them...perhaps, there may be a beautiful memory to tuck into my special box....maybe a new story to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment