Welcome to my world of writing. Go with me where many of you have gone before.

Carolyn

Carolyn

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Another rejection.....oh, no!

Well, I am about to get one wall fully papered with rejection slips.  But, don't for one minute think that I am discouraged.  Oh, no....I am really just getting started. 

After shoveling the driveway three times today, and two of my neighbor's driveways, I brought in the mail. I deserved some good news, I thought, as I sifted through the stack of junk stuff. There it was!  The perfect rejection slip...it just fit into the empty spot on my wall.  Now, the wall is almost covered.  You know what that means if you are a writer...it means you are persistent and on a roll!  One day someone is going to accept Moon-Faced Gollywampus and think it is the best children's book he or she has ever read!  Then, all the poor companies who rejected it will be hitting their foreheads and saying "We could have had a V-8..I mean, a Very good book!"  So sad...they will be feeling so bad.

I, on the other hand, am just getting started...no stone, I mean "company", will be left unturned as I look the world over for the perfect match....Moon-Faced Gollywampus and the publisher who will bring him to life.

Wait and watch.....

No comments:

Post a Comment